License and Usage
All Nice Ride data is published under the Nice Ride Minnesota Data License Agreement.
Live Public Data
We publish data in open General Bikeshare Feed Specification (GBFS).
Each quarter, we publish downloadable files of Nice Ride trip data. The data includes:
- Trip Duration (seconds)
- Start Time and Date
- Stop Time and Date
- Start Station Name, ID (none if dockless ride)
- End Station Name, ID (none if dockless ride)
- Start and End Station Lat/Long (bike lat/long at start and end of rental if dockless ride)
- Bike ID
- User Type (Customer = Single ride or Day Pass; Subscriber = Annual or Monthly Member)
- Gender (Zero=unknown; 1=male; 2=female)
- Year of Birth
And rides have to last for at least 1 minute to be included in the Trip Data files.
This data has been processed to remove trips that are taken by staff as they service and inspect the system, trips that are taken to/from any of our “test” stations at our warehouses and any trips lasting less than 60 seconds (potentially false starts or users trying to re-dock a bike to ensure it's secure).